Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wording For Guest Pays For Own Meal

Entropía/13 Symptoms: dead birds Banda

admit that when I heard / read it / saw the first news about dead birds in Arkansas, Louisiana, Sweden remembered, like most people talked about it on the Web, Flashforwad series. He called me almost more attention this forwad-match the actual event itself. As it works now our mental references.


Then I searched through Google, in a somewhat random, issues and concepts that could be chained to that of the rain of dead birds, thinking that they actually show a vis downright apocalyptic. I thought that after thinking it over would have a post in the series "Symptoms of entropy." And so perhaps it could be. But I've been around the bush too: I read books on chaos (mathematical theory) and the financial system on the financial system and its deviations from the liberalization of foreign contributions in the years 70 (drifts that have brought us these oceans today's critics, of course) on the Apocalypse of St. John, on accelerating the movement of the magnetic pole and I've read a few poems (Cernuda, Lorca, Juan Ramón, Neruda ...) because the metaphor of the dead bird has been widely used by poets.


really for a Greek or Roman rain of dead birds would be a very bad omen. And if you join the death of the birds (also now in Mexico and Italy, it is known) of fishes and crustaceans, the omen would be black, very black (which says the Tarot). So, please give me an explanation that leads me to believe that the explainers think I'm stupid.



did not know (I admit) the work of sculptor Amancio González. A dead bird is to blame for that has been discovered (an aesthetic derived from my search). It turns out that the web of Amancio Gonzalez is a poem Gamoneda frontispiece. But what has impressed me is his work. And not just the most sculpture holding a dead bird in hand (I found the website of the sculptor through the photograph of that sculpture). From what I observed, Amancio Gonzalez melts figuration and abstraction (sometimes through figuration itself) and narrative sense to conceptual expression and outcome (stone, wood, bronze or iron) is an art of the strength of the pure expression: presence of presence. Very impressive.


Figure sitting dead bird. 1998
Iron and bronze. Garden Plaza del Cid. Lion.









Though not the work that most I like of which I have seen on the website of Amancio Gonzalez, bring it because I felt great empathy when I have seen, as if that figure were located at the height of my stomach. And so finally this post itself is a symptom of entropy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment